Followers

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Here I am again...

I have been awful with trying to keep up with my blog. Most of my family ( DH and MOM) do not understand my want/need to blog. Its just fun. Kinda like keeping a journal with pictures. I know I"m probably writing to myself, but thats ok. I am "over" pouting about my red ribbons on my photography. Hey.. I got 3 red ribbons! isn't that cool! I mean, 2nd place doesn't mean I lost, does it? And alot of people didn't get any ribbons at all. I've talked to several people about it. It seems if you are an "unknown" and not in the "in" crowd, you are not likely to win anything big anyway. So, now, I'm happy. I was just having a very bad week last week. Hopefully, this next week will be better. Its not starting off too well, but I can always hope.

Tonight, after going to a picnic with my parents, I got home and my SUV wouldn't start again. something happened to it. Now, I have to have it towed somewhere for someone to work on it.
Besides being a big pain in the butt, there is the $$ part of it. Hopefully not too much $$ ~

We are planning a big birthday celebration for my dad on September 6. It is going to be at my house. There is so much that I'd like to get done before a bunch of my relatives come to my house. I'd love to get a new kitchen cabinet and sink. I'd love to get new curtains for the family room, which has NONE at the moment. I'd love to get a new backyard furniture/swing. I'd really like to plant some flowers and have them look beautiful. What will end up happening, is that I'll clean my house real good and that will be that. I don't have the money for anything else. Especially since now my SUV won't start and nick needs dental work. ( Nick and I both went to the dentist and we both need work done. Mine will have to wait) I really need a new refrigator. Ours is too small. I don't know how we'll hold all the food etc for the big shin dig. we'll just have to wait and see.

I feel like last week was a total "yuck" even though there was a lot to do in Coffeyville. With the Fair and Rodeo in town we could've done alot of fun stuff. We did go out there a bit, and I helped out the ladies club at work at couple of nights out there. I guess I just wasn't in the "mood" for all that. Menopause SUCKS, and I hate the mood swings. I really try not to "share" my mood swings so I keep things bottled up in side, which isn't good either. I need to find a happy medium. Although, if I get my menopause under control and I can actually sleep at night, when would I write this blog? haha.

Tonight, after the picnic, we saw some people selling Cocker Spanial puppies. We stopped and looked at them. a BIG no no. I have ALWAYS wanted a Cocker. They are so cute and this last little puppy was no exception. he had the cutest face and he was the same color as our golden retriver, sunny. It was a real temptation to take him. He was the last of his litter to go and the people were deseparate to get rid of him. He was 13 weeks old. He had the biggest feet! LOL.

We drove away, but sure didn't want to. We talked about it all the way home. We were tempted to go back and get him. They only wanted $50 for a AKC registered cocker. But, I knew what my mom would say.. and so we decided against it, even though we really wanted him. We know that its for the best, but we could all use alittle more love in our life.

I am going to share with you the pictures that won a red ribbon. Thanks for stopping by!



No comments: